On Monday of this week (August 28, 2017), I met with the Superintendent of Christ the Redeemer Catholic Schools to discuss the study. He was genuinely interested in the outcomes of the study, and only expressed a desire to have an ethics form that addressed the study of human subjects. In completing this form, I had discovered that I had already met and exceeded the expectations both in addressing the ethical considerations of studying human subjects as well as the issues around practitioner-action research.
On September 1, 2017, I received final signed approval from the principal of Notre Dame Collegiate of both my main proposal and the ethics form requested by the Superintendent. This form has been submitted to the Superintendent to receive his final signature of approval.
In addition to this, I completed the design of the AST (Anonymous Subject Tool), and am very confident in its capacity to keep subject results anonymous and ensure any potential for accidental prejudice is removed. This required I learn how to create a web application using Perl and rejuvenate my computer programming skills. I am very pleased with the results.